Thursday, March 1, 2007

Wow...can we say EYE OPENER!

You have to read the poem below...

We're currently in the middle of packing to move. When I say that the only word that comes to mind is "bittersweet"...for me it's been more bitter than sweet. The stress...anger and resentment for having to move has been overwhelming to the point that it's affecting my health.

My wake up call came the other night when I went to the doctor with what I thought was just a virus...I knew my blood pressure was up but I was also concerned because I had been having dull shooting pains down my left arm. After taking my blood pressure 3 times in his office the doctor said he was sending me to the ER because my pressure was 220/134. He said that if I didn't get the pressure down I could either have a stroke or heart attack.

I of course tried to talk my way out of going to the hospital because I was more worried about the "money" ...that is until the doc scooted his chair in front of me and got in my face. He said "Let me tell you a story about my Dad...he had high blood pressure too. He didn't listen and take care of himself and as a result...he died at the age of 56 leaving behind a beautiful wife and 3 children! Stress is a killer so please I beg you...don't do the same to your significant other or your children"

The "significant other" reference blew right past me...
but the "child" ren hit me like a ton of bricks and I lost it!
All I could think of was Brittani...

...here's my eye opener

It took me a few minutes to get it together to call Brittani...(I didn't get it at the time but now looking back I feel this is when God took over) from the time it took me to drive across the street to the ER...I went from shaking like a leaf to almost total calmness. I sat there in the waiting room looking around and feeling like I was there for someone else...then it hit me when I saw the look on my daughters face as she walked through the ER doors.

I seriously thought I was going to start balling but I didn't (that's soo God!) but looking at my daughter...all I could think was...I don't ever want her to have to walk through those doors again because of me. I want to be around to see her beauty in the face of my future grandchildren!!

Brittani has a way of bringing laughter with her so she kept me up! The ER doc came in and said that "he must have some calming effect because my pressure had come down"...actually I believe it was due to God and my daughter!!

Well...after having an EKG, X-rays, and an IV of fluids they sent me home.

This experience was a real "eye opener" for me...and I know that I have some major changes to make in my life...this poem couldn't have come to me at a better time!!


----------------

Last week I threw out WORRYING, it was getting old and in the way. It kept me from being me; I couldn't do things GOD'S way. I threw out a book on MY PAST (didn't have time to read it anyway)...replaced it with NEW GOALS and started reading it today.

I threw out HATE and BAD MEMORIES (remember how I treasured them so?) Got me a NEW PHILOSOPHY too and threw out the one from long ago. Then brought in some new books called I CAN...I WILL...I MUST and threw out I MIGHT...I THINK and I OUGHT and WOW you should have seen the dust!

I ran across an OLD FRIEND I haden't talked to in awhile, His name is GOD the Father and I really like his style. HE helped me do some cleaning and added some things Himself...like PRAYER, HOPE, FAITH and LOVE and I placed them on the shelf. I picked up this special thing and placed it at the front door...I FOUND IT...it's called PEACE and nothing gets me down anymore!

I now have my house looking nice...it's really looking good around this place. For things like WORRY and TROUBLE there really isn't any space. It's good to do a little housecleaning and get rid of some things off the shelf...it surley makes things BRIGHTER...perhaps you should TRY IT YOURSELF :)


2 comments:

Brittani Renee said...

you are amazing!
i heart you!
-b

Brittani Renee said...

Hey! Our cous has a blog... check it out http://picturethis-cm.blogspot.com/