What a difference a day makes!
I filled in Friday night for a co-worker at the hotel...and around 10:30pm God created an opportunity for me to have a conversation with a really awesome guest! The minute I locked eyes with this lady I knew she was something special...then the more we talked...I felt how special she really was. When she shared her life with me and what God has done for her...it made me look at my life and I realized that my current problems are a mere inconvenience compared to what she has to endure on a daily basis!
I worked again Saturday morning and had a brief conversation with Pam as she was heading to a conference at Bethel and I didn't see her again until the next morning...
WELCOME TO ONE OF MY BEST DAYS IN A LONG TIME...
Uggh...ok well due to the wonderful DST I had to wake up an hour earlier....even though I reset my clock before I went to bed and the clock said 5:30am...my body knows that 5:30am is really 4:30am :} Ohhh how I dreaded getting up that early and I thought I was going to carry that mood with me all day...that is until I set out in my car and only had to stop for 1 out of 24 stop lights from my house to the hotel!!!! This was going to be a GREAT day!!!
Check outs went as usual until I received a call from a guest (by the name of Dee) who was desperately looking for her FedEx package. I looked everywhere but I couldn't find it...she called FedEx and traced it and told me that one of our Front Desk Agents signed for it on Friday. I looked and looked and looked and couldn't find the package anywhere. I did keep walking past this "Dell" box that was in our GM's office but I didn't think anything of it since we had just gotten new computers. Then it hit me...our computers are HP's NOT Dells so I went back in and turned the box around and saw the FedEx sticker on the other side with Dee's name on it :) I took the box down to her room and left it out side the door.
A short time later she came back down to thank me and I just happen to be talking to Pam and her husband Greg who are home school entrepreneurs. They've actually designed and patened the board game HOMESCHOOLOPOLY...so in my excitement over the game I showed it off to Dee. Come to find out...Dee is the CFO of a Christian college in New Mexico...the next thing I know they're all networking. Then it was time for Pam and her husband to head back to South Carolina...we hugged but didn't say good bye it was "see ya later" as we promised to keep in touch.
Dee stayed at the front desk with me and we talked for a bit...then she surprised me by asking what time I worked til because she wanted to take me to lunch. We ended up going over to Jumpin Juice & Java where we talked for almost 2 1/2 hours...it was a more than just a "get to know ya" talk...she opened my eyes and helped me to see the nasty lies that Satan's been feeding me and she filled my heart with promise :) She told me that God must really love me if he sent Pam from South Carolina and her from New Mexico to touch my heart...and you know what...I believe her because Sunday was one of the happiest days I've had in a long time!
Dee pointed out that this was such a God thing because her packages from FedEx are ALWAYS in a FedEx box...not a "Dell" box...and had it been in the FedEx box...she would have been given it on Friday and we probably wouldn't have really met.
THIS WAS SOOOO GOD!
I'M SOOOOO THANKFUL THAT HE BROUGHT PAM AND DEE INTO MY LIFE!!!!!
I'M SOOOOO THANKFUL THAT HE BROUGHT PAM AND DEE INTO MY LIFE!!!!!

1 comment:
I have to tell you what an inspiratoin it has been for me to read through here today. I give you A TON o' credit for puttin' it out there but honey you surely ain't alone!! I keep having similar thoughts myself about my own life. It helps me to know that "Our God is an Awesome God!!" Just getting to church makes a huge difference for me. Love ya!
Post a Comment