Saturday, August 9, 2008

My day with Mom...

Picked up Mom bright and early and we headed to the South Bend Farmers Market. It's been years since we've been there...WOW I LOVE THIS PLACE!!

We walked in and were immediately greeted by these :]

The centers were bigger than dinner plates!!


the detail is gorgeous!

love fresh herbs!


everything was so nice and neat!!


BEST ONIONS I'VE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE!!!

These are sweeter than Vadalia's and they don't burn your eyes when you cut them! I also bought some really awesome Shataki mushrooms...they were AMAZING!!!

After the market we headed out to the new Linton's...

[you'll have to click on the pic to see the huge sculpture]


Very nice shop with a wide variety of gifts. This is where I found
"The Kitty"

[see below]


this place is stinkin huge!!



love the windmill!


Mom's fav...reminded her of her little lamb that she had as a child...

Yes, you can giggle...

Mary had a little lamb!

I was surprised to see that they had a donkey, lamb, goat, pot-belly pig, pony...


peacock, guenna hens, pigeons...


and my fav...Doves!!!




couple of peacock feathers mom found ;]

After Linton's we had lunch at Bob Evans then headed to Martins to pick out what I was going to cook them for their Anniversary dinner.

Mom and I had a really great afternoon together...actually the whole day was wonderful! Then Dad came over and we had a really nice dinner...then spent the rest of the evening just chillin together!

LOVED IT!!!


1 comment:

Jayme said...

It all sounds so wonderful. I love South Bend's Farmer's Market too...a favorite childhood memory that still has the same magical sights and smells today.

Never heard of Linton's, but it seems enchanting. A day with mom is always good medicine.

Happy Birthday, Sweetheart!!