Monday, January 21, 2008

What's my worth?

I went to the bank today to make a deposit
and to get some change...

I got 2 rolls of quarters...1 ended up being these brand new ones!
Look at how nice and shiny they are and with no imperfections!

As I went to dump them in the cash register drawer
I noticed this old quarter layin in the bottom...

Ya the quarter is old and worn and it's not nearly attractive as the new one sitting next to it...
but is it worth any less?

How many times have I questioned my worth?

Seriously...too many to count!

I know I'm probably not making much sense
but God knows where I'm going with this.

Thank you Lord for loving me with all my imperfections
and through all my dirt and grime!



5 comments:

Christine said...

What a great reminder, Angel. It reminded me of this verse:
Matthew 10:31
So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
Love you! xoxo

Jayme said...

I love this blog! Such a small thing can bring to mind such a great truth, especially if we keep our eyes and hearts open on a daily basis, right? You have great worth to me too!

jeny said...

A VERY good thought to start off my day. Thank you Love!

Brittani Renee said...

Good work! You are priceless.
Love you!

jeny said...

Angel, hardly a day goes by that I don't think of her and long for her to know my kids (and each of the great grandkids) What a great bunch we have! You're right, she would be so proud of them and would love them so much. I talk of her often with my babies trying to infuse my memories into their little minds. I don't want her to be forgotten.