Sunday, January 6, 2008

Funny thing happened on my trip to Lansing...

Yesterday I had a Workshop/Rally for lia sophia at 10am at the Lansing Center. After having a slow start on the toll road due to the fog...I was able to make up the time on I69 and arrived 40 minutes early :)

I had no idea where to meet everyone so I started making calls to my Managers but no one answered. Were they in a meeting or maybe working the registration table? I called again and left a message...
I continued to drive around and around and around looking for anyone...I finally found the parking garage but this is what I found when I pulled in...

That's right...an empty parking garage!!

What in the stinkin world is going on here?!?

I then get a call from Mindy and I noticed she was calling me from her house...
ding-ding-ding-red flag-something's not right here!

The convo went like this:

Me: Hello???
Mindy: Angel?
Me: Mindy why are you calling me from your house?
Mindy: Angel what are you doing in Lansing?
Me: I'm here for the workshop...
Mindy: Oh my gosh Angel...the workshop isn't until the 26th
Me: WHAT! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep I had my dates mixed up!

That's right I was 21 days and 40 minutes early :(

I was so upset (and mortified) that I couldn't even finish the conversation with her...

What in the world is wrong with me???

I'll figure that out in a minute...right now I have to figure out how to get back to I69. Everywhere I turned was a One-Way street...then the only 2 gas stations I found were boarded up...there wasn't even anyone walking to ask directions. I was trying so hard to keep it together then finally I found a quick lube that was open and they were able to get me pointed in the right direction.

Ok now that I'm heading in the "right direction" I called Mindy back...how did I get this mixed up??? Then it dawned on me...at our last unit meeting, it was mentioned that there was going to be a managers meeting on Jan. 5th (which didn't pertain to me) in Michigan...somehow that date stuck in my brain :( I'm usually so organized...but I think sometimes I'm so overly set and focused that I can't see what's clearly smacking me in the face!

I did feel better after talking to my other manager Heather...and I was actually able to laugh about it especially when I heard what the convo was between her and Mindy when they found out I was sitting in an empty parking garage looking for them!

Heather agreed when I said that God must have had different plans for me...

I then called my best friend...and we talked the entire trip home. Our convo was exactly what I needed! I had no distractions...I just needed to follow the little white lines while God used Brittani to open my eyes and heart to some things that I've been struggling with.

While others may look at those 300 miles as a total waste of time...
I say those were the best 300 miles I've had in a very very long time!

Thank you Lord for the mix-up :)
and
Thanks Britt for being right where God needed you to be...

I LOVE YOU!!!

3 comments:

Jayme said...

You are kidding me?!! Ugh. I admire your positive attitude--sometimes roadtrips are great fun and quiet...

Brittani Renee said...

God has a unique way of setting up some key divine appointments/drives.
I'm thankful for your humility- I heart you!

jeny said...

Angel, I was just getting on line to ask how your weekend went. Then I scrolled down a little farther and read your road trip blog. I'm so sorry that happened, but it sounds like it was a good time of quiet reflection and good conversation!
By the way, Grandma and pa will probably be coming home this Friday, as long as the results from her stress test come back ok on Thursday. Thanks for your prayers.