Thursday, September 27, 2007

Fall...

The things I'm looking forward to this year...

- Seeing the leaves change in our trees for the first time
- The feel and smell of the crisp air
-The "distant" smell of burning leaves
- Being curled up in a blanket by firelight
- Hoodies, light gloves and long walks
- Enjoying the ducks, geese and herons on our pond for as long as possible
- Raking leaves at the lake
- Attempt (by scratch) to make zucchini or pumpkin bread
*anyone have any goof proof recipes?



2 comments:

jeny said...

I had an absolutely delicious pumpkin bread at my mom's group a couple weeks ago. It's baked with a block of cream cheese in the middle. Probably not the most healthy but it was wonderful. I'll get the recipe for you. I think it was from Kraft.

Jayme said...

Sounds wonderful. I am falling in love with fall as I get older. I love busting out the earth toned sweaters, coffee mugs with something hot and sweet inside and leafy decorations. Aren't October skies the bluest and the cleanest?...sigh...