Friday, July 20, 2007


This pic is the best representation of my life over the past 10 months!

What I've now come to realize is that during my many rough times at sea...God's been trying to get my attention to throw me His Life Preserver!

Sadly, for many reasons (top of the list-unworthiness) I didn't reach out to Him...UNTIL this past spring when I felt that I could no longer breathe or stay afloat.

Without judgment or hesitation...

He reached down and saved me once again!

I know throughout my lifetime God's reached down and plucked me out of raging rivers but this time...it feels different...my heart feels different...

Now I think my heart's ruling over my head!

For years I've painted this picture in my head of what a "devoted" Christian looks like...
(i.e. being able to pray like the Pope or memorizing the entire Bible etc...) so much so that my head has already ruled me into failure before I've even begun.

Hey...I'll admit that I'm really great at starting out something totally gung-ho...but then I end up stopping just as fast as I started when I don't see/feel the "instant" results. So I decided after this last "rescue" that my walk with God has to be slow baby steps...

and guess what?
it's been amazing!!

I haven't had the huge head spinning on your shoulders kind of change...it's been slow and gradual...just the way I need it. And my blessings have been pretty stinkin sweet...
No longer am I taking credit for the management of my life or finances...
it's ALL GOD baby!!!
and
I can't wait to see what else He has in store for me :}


2 comments:

Brittani Renee said...

It's amazing how transparent you are! I love it! God is doing a marvelous work in you and through you- I can't wait to see the continued steps.
Love you with all that is in me!

Christine said...

I am inspired by YOU! Thank you for being so honest.

Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Cor. 15:57

(Read pg.56 in Come Away my Beloved)