GCC's Midweek Service
Stained glass windows. For centuries artists have built these masterpieces intending that the sun would shine through them, illuminating the colors and giving life to the stories they depict. They were meant to inspire adoration for the source of light. But somehow, in everyday life, it's easy to take their beauty for granted. And like stained glass - we can make the same mistake. We come together each week, believing the promise that God meets with us as we meet with each other. The radiance of the God of the Universe is with us in the room. But in the midst of routine, we just might lose the wonder of it all. This summer at New Community, we will spend six weeks unveiling the meaning of worship.
--------------------------------------------
Jason Miller was amazing tonight! He focused on WORSHIP and said that
"worth ship or worship is an inward attitude with outward expression that something has great worth"
and that
"I become like what I worship"
...those 6 little words hit me like a ton of bricks!
-side note for my point below-
One of my favorite quotes...
"Don't live your life so loud that you can't hear God's voice"
So looking at my life based on these 3 quotes generated a huge wake up call! The first thing that slapped me upside my head is the last quote...I am sooooooo guilty of this and looking back I realized it began 21 years ago when Matt walked out. When he left, I couldn't stand the sound of silence so I literally (24/7) surrounded myself with the constant noise of a t.v....even at work. Music didn't do it for me...it had to be a t.v. ...always with people talking...because then I didn't feel alone. The minute I walk in the house the t.v. goes on...then it's on the entire night in my room...the second I walk into work...the t.v. goes on.
Chatter...chatter...chatter...that's all I ever hear!
Seriously...my life is like I'm sitting in a room with a thousand people that are constantly all talking at once...so in doing this I realize that I've not only made it virtually impossible to truly hear God's voice...but I've made it (t.v.) my worship :{
Jason said..."anything that you put stock in is what you worship" and that "we need to worship the things that will give us life instead of the things that will cause our death"
How stinkin profound is that!
Sadly, it's taken me 21 years to realize that I didn't need the stinkin t.v.
God said He would never leave me alone!
Worship for me has a new meaning...
--------------------
As far as my t.v. ...last night it was on long enough to (LOL) watch The Office...
when I went to bed...it stayed off.
How did I sleep?
PEACEFULLY
As far as my t.v. at work today...
it's been off!
My Father and I have a lot of catchin up to do :)


3 comments:
Good for you!
Way to write it out so you can look back and stay accountable to what you said in this post!
Love you!
-b
very good, Angel. Thanks for sharing. What a great challenge. I know the tv keeps me from many good things. And I don't even have it on much.
Love you,
Christine
This is very good! Thanks for posting. (by the way, I posted a stain glass picture almost the same day!)
Post a Comment