Sunday, May 31, 2009

BLOOD:Water Mission

In 2001 Jars of Clays founded blood:water mission which has funded 650 water projects along with hygiene and sanitation training in 11 African countries. These projects have impacted more than 500,000 people with clean water since it's inception and the band is on track to build it's 1000th clean water well in early 2010.

To help with this project starting tomorrow I'll be joining Corey Mann for 2 WEEKS of Sacrifice to help raise money for the 1000 Well Project
You're asked to take the money you would normally spend on coffee, pop, tea or whatever you drink besides H2O and donate it to this mission.

This has really opened my eyes as to how much I truly take for granted!!

Seriously...just think about what they have to go through in order to get a bucket of water back to their families...then look closer at what that cup of water actually looks like...can you even imagine what it smells like let alone what it tastes like?!?

Since I'm not a pop or tea drinker...My 2 WEEKS of Sacrifice will only be difficult when I have a milk or coffee craving which then made me wonder if I would really feel the impact of sacrifice for this mission. So I've decided to turn my 2 WEEKS of Sacrifice into 12 MONTHS and will donate 10% of my earnings from my lia sophia business to the BLOOD:Water Mission!

REMEMBER IT ONLY TAKES $1 DOLLAR TO PROVIDE WATER FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR FOR 1 PERSON!!

Are you willing to sacrifice 1 Starbucks so that 4 people can have clean water for a year?