Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hug 15,000 and Walmart...

Ok, my plan was to take Kyle out to Hug 15,000 at the St Joe County Fair Grounds. The event was to generate donations for the food pantry as well as setting a Guinness Book of World Record for the worlds largest hug. Kyle was soooo excited [he didn't really get the concept..he was just excited to go with me] but the closer I got to the fairgrounds the darker it got.

"Oh Aunt Angel it's light over there but really dark over there...is that where we're going???"

We got there an hour before registration [since I was thinking there was going to be several thousand people] but it was just us and another van with 2 women in it. I asked the lady who took the food we donated what they were going to do if it rained and she said she didn't know because it wasn't supposed to :/


So there we sat in the car for 45 minutes while it poured...the wind was so strong that the poor people that were seeking shelter under Pulse FM's tent just tried to keep the tent from taking off.



So after about the 10th time of Kyle asking me "when are we going?" I finally gave in and decided to leave.

On our way back we saw this poor guy gettin soaked!

Ok Plan B...Kyle was lookin a lil shaggy so I talked to my sis and asked if I could take him for a haircut. I "thought" we could go someplace fun...


Well I went to Tree Cuts and they were closed [as in permanently] and I went by a couple barber shops but I didn't think that would be too fun so I was running out of ideas and he was getting wrestless so I said ok lets just go to Walmart. Kyle said..."Oh Aunt Angel can't we just go back to your house and you can cut it...I promise I'll hold still this time" but I tried to convince him that this would be FUN :]

...I should have taken him up on his promise!

Ok I'll spare the ugly details...but lets just say I think the lady had cotton in her ears when I told her what I wanted!



I asked that she keep it longer on top but she was shavin faster than I could click and before I knew it she took the razor right down the center!!!!!!

OH MY GOSH I WAS SICK!

Then right after I took this pic he say's...

"Oh great...now I look Chinese!"

WHAT?!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
WHERE ON EARTH DID THAT COME FROM???

She starts laughing her head off...
but I'm still mortified that she stinkin buzzed him!!

I called my sister right away and told her what happened [and of course what he said] krikies, she laughed like I've never heard her laugh before...I'd almost say it was worth the whole ordeal just to hear that laugh of hers :D


So ya this is what ya call a totally fake smile :/


It wasn't until I took him home and tried cleaning up his cut and gelled it that I got a cheezer grin. Ok his eyes pretty much give me away...so the cheezer isn't because of me...it was Shrek 2 but still ;]

On our way back to his house, I told Kyle that he looks so handsome in his Purdue hat. Then he quickly whipped it off and leaned up so he could see himself in my mirror...and tapped all around his head as if to make sure all his stubble's were in place.

Oh how I love this boy...man it's a good thing his hair grows fast!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my boy.. You gotta love him. thanks for spending time with him.. Love ya.

jeny said...

Yikes! she really did take it all off. We had such a good laugh with his comments. What a great little guy.
He's still very handsome :)