Monday, August 4, 2008

Red Bud...

Man did I ever have a blast yesterday at Red Bud!

I went up to watch one of our favorite racers...Miss Mikayla Inman

You can read about her here



Mikayla is now 10 years old and has moved up this year to the 85 Class! To put the size of the bike in perspective Mikayla weighs 60 lbs. and the bike is 130 lbs!! She's been blowin the doors off the boys for the past 4 years...this 85 Class that she's now in...she's competing against 14-15 year old boys!
She's currently ranked 10th in the state :)

[she's in the middle...look at the size difference!]

She amazes me with her determination...

She actually doubled LaRocco's Leap [named after Mike LaRocco who is also one of our racers] twice this weekend...once on Saturday then I got to see the second time :] When she came back in after her run she said "Angel did you see me? I did it just for you!" I was like Aawwww I love you Mikayla!!! ...then the next thing I hear is one of the older guys a few pits down yellin "Way to go Mikayla!!!" when he heard that she doubled. Sadly...a couple hours later this same racer ended up in a bad crash and broke his wrist :(

I took several videos but these were the shortest ones that I could upload...

Oh and note to self:

Next time don't wear white pants...

especially when riding on the back of a 4-wheeler

Found that mud and clay doesn't come out :/


1 comment:

Jayme said...

Half way through your blog, because I'm not a careful reader, apparently, I thought you were talking about our 10 year old Michaela Palicki and I was flipping out because I didn't know she raced motorbikes!! Oh brother.