Saturday, August 2, 2008

I tried so hard...

I went up to the lake this morning to help with the yard work...

First I had to go on mole patrol and use the golf cart to smash all the tunnels so we wouldn't break an ankle walking through the yard. Then I started mowing...


As I was mowing I saw several little frogs leaping outta my path...I tried catching a couple of them to move them wayyyy outta the way but I couldn't catch it one handed. Actually it was quite comical as I was trying to catch him with one hand while still hanging on to the mower...my "perfect lines" on one side of the yard are now a zig-zag pattern ;]

Lunch was ready so we stopped to eat...
Mom came in and told me to watch out for the "huge" toad that she saw by dad's truck...

10 minutes later we're back out mowing...
Dad moved his truck and trailer so I could get the grass underneath and you'd think after hearing the sound of the truck and trailer moving and me making 3 passes with the lawnmower that the toad would sense DANGER!!!

I watched for him but couldn't find him...
then the next sound I heard was not a good one...
the next thing I saw was even worse...

Dad was kind enough to clean it up...
Cause I was about to throw up!!

I'm sorry Mr Toad :*[

No comments: