Tuesday, February 12, 2008

This is how I spent my afternoon, packaging oil...

Okay...so what goes into packaging a gallon of oil?

You start with labels, caps and

and of course bottles!

We then set the counter for auto fill

The bottle goes on the digital scale...

Depending on which grade of oil we're packaging...
depends on the weight per gallon. In this case for the
tractor hydraulic fluid each gallon must weigh 7lb 32oz (minus the bottle)

If the temp changes...the weight of the oil changes so
I had to do a lot of "jogging" to adjust
(not running...it's hitting the jog button to adjust the amount of product in the gallon)

I then cap, label and box them...


216 gallons later you have a skid...


One skid down...many more to go!

* Responding to Jayme's comment...
Yeppers...we do a lot of packaging and even package for 2 other companies.
As a matter of fact this skid is for one of them :0]


3 comments:

Jayme said...

Wow, I had no idea you guys did that there...

jeny said...

Me either! How interesting, thanks for sharing a day in the life of an Angel!

love you
xoxo

Brittani Renee said...

oh the good days of packaging... I remember the first time gpa "trusted" me to handle the machine by myself. I only had 1 bottle overflow in the what 7 yrs I worked there. ;)
Its a work out!
love you