"Ficus Benjamima-the plant you love to hate!"
"Difficulty: Moderately Easy"
Well I LOVE my plan but I think I've flooded it!!!
Ok I don't think I flooded it...I know I flooded it because I had to dump the excessively excess water out:(
The leaves turned yellow and were falling off so I watered it more...now I read that this is this opposite of what you should do. Ohhh my poor plant!!
But there may be hope...
I read through the rest of the article and one reader commented that they thought they killed theirs off so they left it outside...bare...no water for 12 months and it came back to life!!
So do I wait and see if this is true?
Anyone have any suggestions???
1 comment:
You can save it! Let it dry out. (Our climate is too harsh for them to be outside year round, but it might benefit if we have a few more warmer days. Don't forget and leave it out if it's going to be lower than 50 I think.)I leave mine outside all through the warmer spring, summer and fall and it really thrives, especially when it can get natural rain water. Anyway, back to drying it out. You can set the planter near a heat vent if you have one near the floor, but I wouldn't let the leaves get too much drying (like next to the fire place.) You can also carefully remove it from the pot, and remove some of the drenched dirt and replace with dry, fresh dirt. If the roots are too close and you cannot get much dirt from the root ball without disturbing the roots, this might be a good time to transplant it. Choose a slightly larger pot (one with good drainage) and add fresh, dry dirt. Wait a few days or so (maybe a week?) before you give him another drink. Yellow leaves = too much water; Brown leaves = not enough.
Post a Comment