Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Why???

...does abuse have to exist???

I was coming through downtown on my way to work this morning when I saw this couple walking together...he had his arm around her shoulder. Then all of a sudden he started choking her and began dragging her down a side street. I wasn't sure if it was for real or if they were just goofin around so I cut down the next side street and drove by them again...she was crying and when she saw me, the look on her face said it all.

I immediately called the police as I made my way back around the block again to see where he was taking her and to give the cops a description...this time he saw me on the phone...I didn't know what to do (this was a short one-way dead end street) so I slowed down acting like I was looking for a house and he kept going. I was able to give the cops a complete description of them both and she said they were on their way. At this point I was torn whether or not to continue following them...I thought if he saw me again that he might take off between the houses at the dead end. I started towards work and passed a cop...I prayed that he would get there in time!!!

I called the police again when I got to work to see if they found them but they hadn't yet...

I'm so sick to my stomach...now I feel that I didn't do the right thing by staying :*{

I pray that God will keep her safe!!!

2 comments:

Brittani Renee said...

Aww thats so sad! Hope your/her day gets better!
love you

Jayme said...

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
You did what you thought best, Ang. God will honor that...