Thursday, July 26, 2007

It's been a year...

Sadly 1 year ago today...the day after my mom's 60th birthday,
I had to break the news to her that granma had passed away...It was hard for me to first process it but then my mom's reaction made it real and that tore me up really bad :*{

I'm sad and I miss granma terribly!!!

Today I celebrate her life...

October 5, 1915 - July 26, 2006

I couldn't hear what was being said between the two of them when I took this...but by the look on her face it was probably a good thing that I didn't ;}


I took granma shopping at meijers and you wouldn't believe what I had to do to get her to sit on santa's lap...her laughter was like a child!! She walked away leaving santa with a huge smile on his face :)

Here she is with Boo...
she just loved our cat so I would take him out for visits.
His favorite spot when sitting with granma was to squeeze himself between her and the arm of the chair and then pop his head out. She got the biggest kick out of him!

I love you granma!!

1 comment:

Jayme said...

Sweet girl! I've been thinking about you (and your mom) all week. I should have called to let you know I was. It is so hard when a year comes and goes with such indifference, when we are still hanging on with all of our heart! From your pictures, I wish I could have known her too. She looks like she was crazy about her family. Love you!