I didn't do a lot but boy I had a great time doin it!!
Brittani had a friend over Friday night, so while they were off doin their thing I did a lil birthday shoppin for my mom and then chilled for the rest of the evening.
Saturday morning I got up early and did "dog duty"(...ok they did the "duty" I just cleaned it up) it was such a beautiful and peaceful morning we went for a longer walk around the complex. I know I've said this before but I just can't help it...I LOVE LOVE LOVE WHERE WE LIVE!!! Everyday I'm more thankful than the last and I'm not going to take for granted any detail of this slice of Heaven that's been given to us!!
After our walk I made some coffee for the girls...
visited a little before they had to leave (in different directions)...after they left I puttered a bit and yay! I did it without t.v. or radio ;} It didn't take long for the cool breeze, the sound of the wind chimes, and the wrestling of the trees to coax me into taking a nap...My intention was to only lay down for about a 15-20 minutes...well that turned into 2 hours and 20 minutes and probably would have gone longer if I didn't get a phone call :) Then I spent the rest of the afternoon just chillin and guess what? I didn't feel the least bit guilty about it either!
We went to the 7:30pm service at church (which was incredible!!) then had Beth and the kids over for a visit...I couldn't believe how much they've grown and man are they stinkin funny!!
I had to work Sunday morning...this was my 2nd time "bar tending" (as in breakfast bar) and I think I've got the hang of it ...I actually shaved 30 minutes off my last weeks time and didn't collapse when I got home. Sunday afternoon/evening was pretty laid back as well...
ran a couple errands, visited with our neighbors, did a lil grillin and
watched Man vs Wild
till my tv shut off (got it on a timer)...missed the ending but then woke up at 2:45am...
turned it back on and picked up right where I left off :}
That guy is stinkin nuts...but now I'll know what to do if I'm in the middle of the Australian Outback when it's 130 degrees and I outta water!!
2 comments:
Hi Angel!
just wanted to say how nice it was to talk for a few minutes the other day. I would like to make plans with you soon, but I'm over at mom's alot trying to get the house ready for Grandma and pa. Next week I'll have our nephew Mason, so maybe the week after we can pin down some time?
love you ;0)
I'm so happy to hear you getting some quality R & R these days! That is so healthy for the soul. I like the part about no tv or radio...reading any good books these days?
Post a Comment