Wednesday, June 6, 2007

How to Be Content


Joyce's Daily Word...


...I have learned how to be content (satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or disquieted) in whatever state I am.
—Philippians 4:11


The Bible teaches us to be content no matter what our circumstances may be. (Hebrews 13:5 KJV)

We are not to be upset about anything, no matter what is happening. Instead we are to pray about it, and tell God our need. While we are waiting for Him to move, we are to be thankful for all that God has done for us already. (Philippians 4:6.)

I have discovered that the secret of being content is to ask God for what I want, and know that if it is right He will bring it to pass at the right time, and if it is not right, He will do something much better than what I asked for.

We must learn to trust God completely if we ever intend to enjoy peaceful living. We must meditate on what God has done in our life instead of what we are still waiting on Him to do.

God loves you. He is a good God Who only does good things. Be content knowing that His way is perfect, and He brings with Him a great recompense of reward for those who trust in Him. (Hebrews 10:35 KJV)

Trust God. Hide yourself in the secret place (in Him).

Pray This:

"Lord, I choose to trust You completely. Whatever the situation, I make the decision to be peaceful and content. In Jesus' name, amen."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I need to repeat that prayer over and over each day!!

Christine said...

Thanks, Angel. That was such a great reminder.