I was visiting my family this morning (thru our blogs) when I was blown away by the beautiful tribute my cousin
Jayme did for what would have been our grandparents 66 wedding anniversary. I never knew my granpa because he passed away when my Dad was only 11 years old...but boy did I ever have some awesome memories with my granma who passed away in 1991.
The way that Jayme set the pics up...made me feel like I was in slow motion on a journey back to my childhood.
(me and my bro sitting on granma's back porch)
When I think of Granma and this house I'm overwhelmed by feelings of love and happiness!! I miss her so much!! I saw Jayme's pictures early this morning and it's taken me all day to compose myself enough to be able to write this.
Sitting here I can still recall the distinctive (good) smells each room had. The kitchen was my fav...the incredible smell of her Polish sausage or spaghetti or rabbit. Now that was food...not like what we have today.
Man...I can still hear the sound of granma walking through the house and you'd always know where she was at by the different creaking noise the floor made :)
I was granma's 1st grandchild and boy did she spoil me rotten! I'm not talking being spoiled with "material" things...I'm talking about being spoiled with something more valuable...her love and attention! She was so patient and very attentive...

Brittani was granma's 1st great grandchild...

and Granma "spoiled" her just like she did me

and even though Britt only had 5 short years with her...
Granma left her special imprint on Brittani's heart.
Thank you Jayme


for rekindling some happy memories
and for sharing granma and granpa in such a special way.
I love you so very much!!!
Jayme did for what would have been our grandparents 66 wedding anniversary. I never knew my granpa because he passed away when my Dad was only 11 years old...but boy did I ever have some awesome memories with my granma who passed away in 1991.
The way that Jayme set the pics up...made me feel like I was in slow motion on a journey back to my childhood.
(me and my bro sitting on granma's back porch)When I think of Granma and this house I'm overwhelmed by feelings of love and happiness!! I miss her so much!! I saw Jayme's pictures early this morning and it's taken me all day to compose myself enough to be able to write this.
Sitting here I can still recall the distinctive (good) smells each room had. The kitchen was my fav...the incredible smell of her Polish sausage or spaghetti or rabbit. Now that was food...not like what we have today.
Man...I can still hear the sound of granma walking through the house and you'd always know where she was at by the different creaking noise the floor made :)
I was granma's 1st grandchild and boy did she spoil me rotten! I'm not talking being spoiled with "material" things...I'm talking about being spoiled with something more valuable...her love and attention! She was so patient and very attentive...

Brittani was granma's 1st great grandchild...

and Granma "spoiled" her just like she did me

and even though Britt only had 5 short years with her...
Granma left her special imprint on Brittani's heart.Thank you Jayme


and for sharing granma and granpa in such a special way.
I love you so very much!!!
1 comment:
Awesome job!
Post a Comment