
Did you see the movie Pay It Forward with Haley Joel Osment from The Sixth Sense?
His philosophy of life was that the world would be a better place if everyone would "pay it forward" by helping a stranger...then that stranger would in turn help another stranger.
I've seen the movie several times [never making it through without crying] and each time I told myself I would do my part to "pay it forward" but then easily got distracted with "my life" :/
Helping someone in need is something that's really been on my heart a lot lately...Wednesday I just happened to run across The Secret Millionaire [below post] ...the tears poured and my heart felt like it was going to burst! Ohhh to be able to help someone like that!!
Unfortunately, I'm not a millionaire nor am I even a teeny bit rich...
I was however reminded by my amazing daughter that I don't need to be in order to help someone!
So with that said...
Ok God...I'm ready for you to put me to work :]
His philosophy of life was that the world would be a better place if everyone would "pay it forward" by helping a stranger...then that stranger would in turn help another stranger.
I've seen the movie several times [never making it through without crying] and each time I told myself I would do my part to "pay it forward" but then easily got distracted with "my life" :/
Helping someone in need is something that's really been on my heart a lot lately...Wednesday I just happened to run across The Secret Millionaire [below post] ...the tears poured and my heart felt like it was going to burst! Ohhh to be able to help someone like that!!
Unfortunately, I'm not a millionaire nor am I even a teeny bit rich...
I was however reminded by my amazing daughter that I don't need to be in order to help someone!
So with that said...
Ok God...I'm ready for you to put me to work :]
1 comment:
reminds me of the song: we must go. live to feed the hungry, stand beside the broken... we must go!! Stepping forward keep us from just singing, move us into action.
fill us up and send us out
Post a Comment