
Yesterday morning when I took the dogs out I noticed that our pond was iced over. I heard the ducks and geese coming...as they got closer I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The geese made a couple "fly overs" checking out the pond, then they came in looking like a band of Stealth jets on approach to the runway...a group of them very slowly did a stair-step approach to the pond. Then at the last second they braced themselves for the landing...most of them very gracefully...were able to stay on their feet but a few were leaning back so far I thought they were gonna fall over backwards as those few skidded across the pond!
Each group of geese that came in did the same thing...
Next were the ducks...well lets just say they weren't as graceful on their approach or landing as the geese...they hit hard...and skidded into each other and one even rolled over the top of another :) I laughed so stinkin hard!!!
I only wish I had my camera on me.
No comments:
Post a Comment