Ok this morning was our first significant snow since being in the apartment so when it came to the snow removal I wasn't sure what to expect. It was so awesome to see our maintenance guys out first thing cleaning all the sidewalks!!! Next was my car...well there is one single parking space against the side of the row of garages where I usually park so yay...I only had 3 sides of my car to clean this morning ;}My back is soooo thankful!!
Here was the typical snow removal at the house...
Start with the porch, steps, sidewalk...then clean off the cars. Then depending how much snow we received I would move our cars from out front then I would start in the center of the street and shovel all the street snow up into my yard. I did this the entire property line...
Why would I do this???
Well after spending 3 hours one Christmas morning digging our cars out (after the street department buried them) I quickly learned that if I shoveled the snow off the street then I wouldn't have to spend forever digging out!
Most of the time I absolutely hated it but there were a few times (being out side) that it was just incredible...I would stand there and just enjoy the quietness...it would be so silent that the only thing I could hear was my breathing. I loved the big beautiful flakes that would land on the ends of my eyelashes. There was one evening (a couple of years ago) that Brittani and I were in total awe as everything looked like it was sprinkled with diamonds! I'll post the pics if I can find em :)
So again...I'm so very thankful for where we are today!
and...
I can honestly say that I WILL NOT miss all that shoveling

1 comment:
It is SO beautiful today, I'm starting to really feel the season. Speaking of that, I'm working on bringing out all of the decorations today, so maybe tonight the tree will be dressed.
kisses!
Post a Comment