I was out in the warehouse this afternoon pulling an order for a customer when I was greeted by this lil guy...

On occasion we get a sparrow or an ugly black bird that makes a wrong turn and then can't find his way out but I knew right away this lil guy was different. First thing I noticed was the beautiful markings...then when he took flight he didn't "hit" the concrete walls...he actually attached himself to them like a bat...I thought it could be a woodpecker but I wasn't for sure...yet...that is until he proceeded to ra-ta-tat on everything he could get his beak on!!
He's a Downy Woodpecker, isn't he such a cute little bugger!!
Then I spent 45 minutes trying to chase him out but no luck...I even made this "Polish net" (box on a broom stick) to try and catch him and I almost did...once :)
We ran out of time and had to lock up so I'm really hoping that this lil guy is ok over the weekend...but then again with the way he was drillin on everything (including the concrete walls) we might be surprised to find a big ole hole Monday morning!!
2 comments:
Too funny! We've had them knocking on the house before and at first I couldn't figure out what it was, but the tapping was driving me nuts! Finally I found the same kind tapping away at the front corner of the house. Silly bird. Did yours get out of the wharehouse?
Your tree is beautiful!
How precious, you're such a softie!
Post a Comment