I talked to granpa today...man...he's really missing my granma!
He tried to hold back the tears but then just gave in and wept...
July 26th will be a year since she passed away...
I told him how much I missed her too...
I have to remember what it's like for him...
he's all alone (well except for the truly evil cat)
Day in...day out...he sits in silence
No matter how hard we try to encourage him...
deep down I think he feels like he's disrespecting her if he experiences any joy or happiness
he sits outside every evening
and looks for the brightest star (venus)...
he says it's granma...
and talks to her every night...
I pray that God will hold him extra close during this time...
And as for me...
Yes my heart hurts but I have faith that granma and I
will be reunited in Heaven someday...
I love you granma!!!
July 26th will be a year since she passed away...
I told him how much I missed her too...
I have to remember what it's like for him...he's all alone (well except for the truly evil cat)
Day in...day out...he sits in silence
No matter how hard we try to encourage him...
deep down I think he feels like he's disrespecting her if he experiences any joy or happiness
he sits outside every evening
and looks for the brightest star (venus)...
he says it's granma...
and talks to her every night...I pray that God will hold him extra close during this time...
And as for me...
Yes my heart hurts but I have faith that granma and I
will be reunited in Heaven someday...

1 comment:
Wow, I just can't believe she passed away from us a year ago! I remember the fresh kind of pain--you don't want the days and weeks to continue separating you from her. I'm sorry for your grief. These pictures capture sweet memories, I'm sure. You look just like her! Just remember that she is always with you because you are a part of her. That is how I stay close to Granma Harriett. When I recognize similarities of her in myself, I smile, knowing she is near.
Post a Comment