Earlier today I talked to one of my buddies/customer and was shocked to hear that he's voluntarily leaving his place of employment after almost 30 years of service. Actually 2 other fellow managers are leaving as well...with a combined total of 93 years of service! Then my very next (walk-in) customer told me that tomorrow he's giving his notice after 19 years of service...
Crikies that's 112 years between 4 people!
I pray that God will bless them as they start this new journey
On the flip side of the rapidly emptying desks...
I was quite surprised to learn the type of industry, the Dad to one of our racers is in. He manufacturers high end men's dress shoes for Kenneth Cole, Brooks Brothers and Tommy just to name a few. What's refreshing to see is even though this man is oooozing with success...he doesn't flaunt it through his words, actions or dress...a simple T-shirt, jeans and he was wearing his favorite pair of designer leather loafers. I had to laugh...he was telling me that his loafers are over 20 years old...then he flipped one of them over and there was a huge hole worn through the souls.
I looked at the shoes than back at him and he just sat there and giggled ;}
I love real people!!

No comments:
Post a Comment