then I'll be handing over the keys to our house...
Tired doesn't even begin to describe how we feel! After work yesterday we headed back over to the house to clean and finish with what I had thought was "only a few boxes"...boy was I ever wrong! Krikies I think the stuff multiplied overnight!!!
Tired doesn't even begin to describe how we feel! After work yesterday we headed back over to the house to clean and finish with what I had thought was "only a few boxes"...boy was I ever wrong! Krikies I think the stuff multiplied overnight!!!
You become so exhausted that the stuff that you thought was so important that you just can't part with...now becomes either a Goodwill or garage sale pile. The rest Britt tightly packed in both cars and we headed back to the apt to stop...drop and roll back to the house to pick up another load.
We finally got home last night around 9pm and could hardly walk up the steps...our legs felt like jell-o!
We finally got home last night around 9pm and could hardly walk up the steps...our legs felt like jell-o!
This has been a really hard process for us both mentally and physically...last night when I was shampooing the living room...a lot of memories raced through my head. Man...Britters was only 8 years old when we moved in! We didn't have a whole lot of "stuff" to fill the house with but over time we either garage sale it or received lots of hand-me-downs...now we're on the flip side and needing to garage sale or goodwill it :}
Well...we had 13 years of some pretty awesome memories...most that I can share and some that I'd probably get thunked in the forehead from my daughter for telling ;)
I'm so incredibly grateful for each and every experience (good or bad) that we had because it shaped us into who we are today and if our home could talk it would tell you that it was filled with tons of love and laughter!!!
1 comment:
Wow, what a reality check this was for me!
I totally spaced the fact that today is the day!! I can not believe, and Carly can not understand that you won't be next door anymore!! It makes me feel teary-eyed just thinkin about it. We are really goin' to miss you guys! Wish us luck with the newbies! Love ya!
Post a Comment