Friday, March 23, 2007

us vs. the mouse

this is our house...














this is "a" mouse...



however...THIS IS THE MOUSE THAT'S IN OUR HOUSE!


Uggh! This little bugger is totally evading capture (rather death by trap!) Yeah...and I'm the one that's endured more pain than this little guy! We've only had maybe a total of 4 or 5 mice in our house over these past 13 years...I guess this one saw the For Sale sign and decided to move in :(

Brittani went the other night and bought what I think are "Industrial Strength" mouse traps...I go to set it and wouldn't ya know it...Snaaaaappp!! it gets my thumb! I yelped...and shed a few tears...but what does my daughter do??? She comes out to check on me and she's laughing hysterically!! Ok...I try to set it again being ever so careful to keep my throbbing thumb out of the way...and next thing I hear is Snaaapppp! The next thing I felt was the pain!!!! This time the stinkin trap got my first 3 fingers!

No yelping...I just screamed. The tears started pouring...now I have peanut butter flung everywhere...my thumb and 3 fingers throbbing...and to top it off once I could actually see through my makeup and tears...I look and there's my daughter sitting rocking back and forth on the living room floor laughing like none other!!! The sounds that came out of her...I just can't explain...all I know I managed to merge crying and laughing together which just set her off even more ;)

Ok...so since I was down to just my pinkie finger I gave up on setting the trap. I had my brother set it last night before we headed back to the apartment for the night...LOL...Brittani checked on it this morning and wouldn't ya know it...the trap was sprung and he swiped the p-butter!

ROUND 2
Brittani's lacin up her gloves and is ready to go Toe-To-Toe

To Be Continued.....

No comments: